Businesswoman and former president of the Property Council Carol Schwartz is leading the property sector’s Male Champions of Change — a group of chief executives and chairmen formed to bring gender equality to the male-dominated industry.
Ms Schwartz said this was the first industry-specific MCC.
“The founding Male Champions recognised the business case for gender diversity in leadership and took practical steps to accelerate this within their companies.
“All the research tells us that companies with gender-diverse leadership teams show greater profitability and higher levels of innovation. Now it’s the property industry’s turn to influence this issue and really compete in the war for talent.”
The Property Male Champions of Change are:
- Adam Tindall, Chief Investment Officer and Director of Property, AMP Capital
- Bob Johnston, MD, Australand Holdings
- Tom Southern, Executive Chairman, Australia & New Zealand, CBRE
- Adrian Pozzo, Chief Executive Officer, Cbus Property
- David Southon, Joint MD, Charter Hall
- John Kenny, Chief Executive Officer (Australia), Colliers International
- David Woolford, MD, Cushman Wakefield
- Darren Steinberg, Chief Executive Officer, DEXUS Property Group
- Steven Sewell, Chief Executive Officer and MD, Federation Centres
- Jonathan Callaghan, MD and Finance Director, Investa Property Group
- Daryl Browning, Chief Executive Officer, ISPT
- Stephen Conry, Chief Executive Officer, JLL
- Stephen Ellis, Chief Executive Officer, Knight Frank Australia
- Steve McCann, Chief Executive Officer and MD, Lend Lease
- John Mulcahy, Chairman, Mirvac Group
- Angus McNaughton, Chief Executive Officer and MD, Novion
- Ken Morrison, Chief Executive Officer, Property Council of Australia
- Steven Leigh, MD Global Real Estate, QIC
- Paul McLean, Chief Executive Officer, Savills
- Peter Allen, Chief Executive Officer, Scentre Group
- Mark Steinert, Chief Executive Officer and MD, Stockland
- Michael Cameron, Chief Executive Officer and MD, The GPT Group
Co-Secretariats for the group will be Kathy Mac Dermott, COO of the Property Council of Australia and Amy Mullins, Executive Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia.
At the first PMCC meeting (pictured) L-R First Row: David Woolford, Stephen Ellis, Carol Schwartz, Bob Johnston, John Mulcahy, David Southon. L to R Second Row: Kathy Mac Dermott, Mark Steinert, Ken Morrison, Darren Steinberg, Stephen Conry, Liz Broderick, Paul McLean, Adrian Pozzo, Jonathan Callaghan, Daryl Browning.